A Generational Church
One of the reasons why Hobart Assembly is a strong, growing, church is because we are a church that values people at every stage of life. Under the leadership of Pastor George and Sharon Miller, our seniors, lovingly referred to as the "Son Shine Gang" are blessed and greatly encouraged.
The Son Shine Gang
There is no exact age when a person becomes a "senior." Some say 55 or 60 and others, 62. We say, "if you visit our group and are blessed by our experience, you are welcome!" We plan all of our activities with five very important directives in mind.
Here is what we're about:
1. Fellowship - "If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." 1 John 1:7
2. Encouragement - "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the day approaching." Hebrews 10:25
3. Friendship - "A friend loves at all times..." Proverbs 17:17
4. Compassion - "...Clothe yourself with compassion..." Colossians 3:12
5. Outreach - "Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord."
"We love our church!" - Pastor George and Sharon Miller